Retiring teacher: Valerie Krajcir

Kathleen Shaffer, Business Manager
May 31, 2013
Filed under News

Q: What are you going to miss about Plano the most? A: The people. I work with a lot of great people and they’re fun to work with and we have relationships. So once I leave, I’m sure I will stay in touch with some of them, but there are others that I won’t and I will miss them. Q: What do... Read More »

Abolish Human Abortion protests near campus

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
May 10, 2013
Filed under Student Life

Turning quickly into a parking spot, she rushes out of her car. Adrenaline takes over as she approaches three people holding signs showing graphic images of a dismembered fetus. On Monday, April 15, senior Stephanie Jabri began a conversation with Todd Bullis, a member of the Abolish Human Abortion... Read More »

We Walk for Kyle

We Walk for Kyle

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
January 10, 2013
Filed under Miscellaneous, Student Life

For almost a full semester, they got to know someone with a vivid imagination and a spark they would never forget. Kyle Witt was involved in the Partner’s PE program and after he passed away at the end of October, his classmates decided the best way to honor him would be to host a walk and raise money... Read More »

Varsity Football v. Skyline High School: Varsity football plays in first round of playoffs

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
November 14, 2012
Filed under Sports Center, Upcoming Games

Their cleats will dig into the field of Gerald J. Ford Stadium on Friday Nov. 16 for the first time. The varsity football team will play in the first round of playoffs against District 9-5A school, Skyline High School. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. The football team continued working together despite some... Read More »

Vans Warped Tour 2012

Vans Warped Tour 2012

Kathleen Shaffer, Business Manager
July 8, 2012
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Music, Review

People of all ages flocked to see their favorite bands and performers at the Vans Warped Tour in Dallas on July 3. Music constantly blared from at least one of the seven stages, allowing for more than 50 performances throughout the day. The diverse crowd and large amount... Read More »

The Advance Fashion Design Show: Premiere

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
May 9, 2012
Filed under News, School Events

The work of 17 designers, 95 models, more than 102 outfits, hair stylists and makeup artist will combine at the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center on May 18 for the Advance Fashion Design fashion show, Premiere. Senior Sofie Kyhnel’s line is named Pretty Tough because each item will be studded after... Read More »

Orchestra UIL

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
February 28, 2012
Filed under News, Student Life

Buses will load students on Feb. 29 and March 1 to transport the full orchestra and philharmonic orchestra to Allen High School for the annual UIL competition. During UIL three judges will rate the groups based on three pieces they have prepared and their sight reading performance. Both orchestras... Read More »

Making a Difference

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
February 23, 2012
Filed under Profile, Student Life

Twenty-one thousand children die every day from a preventable cause. In many third world countries children die under the age of 5, simply because they do not have sufficient food and water or are forced to live in unsanitary conditions. To protect these children, UNICEF fights these unnecessary deaths... Read More »

The sport of patience

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
February 23, 2012
Filed under Featured Athlete, Sports

Down by four shots and nine holes to go, the only way to win was playing under par. The last hole left junior Chad Ahn tied, but when his component shot a bogey he was able to win by one shot at a Firewheel golf tournament last summer. This was one of the 32 golf tournaments Ahn played over the summer.... Read More »

The sport of patience

Kathleen Shaffer
February 22, 2012
Filed under Featured Sports Scrollbox, Sports

Down by four shots and nine holes to go, the only way to win was playing under par. The last hole left junior Chad Ahn tied, but when his component shot a bogey he was able to win by one shot at a Firewheel golf tournament last summer. This was one of the 32 golf tournaments Ahn played over... Read More »

Making a difference

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
February 22, 2012
Filed under Student Life

Twenty-one thousand children die every day from a preventable cause. In many third world countries children die under the age of 5, simply because they do not have sufficient food and water or are forced to live in unsanitary conditions. To protect these children, UNICEF fights these unnecessary... Read More »

Starbucks Holiday Drink Reviews

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
December 8, 2011
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Books & Food, Review

Peppermint Mocha Latte Throughout the year people stop by Starbucks to get a variety of drinks. Now on the cold winter days people can purchase the Starbucks holiday drinks. Sitting in Starbucks bundled up with a holiday drink in hand heightens the feelings of the winter season.... Read More »

Help a hero

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
October 31, 2011
Filed under News, Student Life

The American soldiers sacrifice their time to protect the citizens. The soldiers don’t get to come home every day after work. Even during the holiday season many soldiers don’t get the chance to spend time with their family.  The Help A Hero fundraiser is supporting the troops by allowing... Read More »

A Story Worth Sharing

Kathleen Shaffer, Staff Writer
September 21, 2011
Filed under Profile, Staff, Uncategorized

English teacher Kimberly Stuber has lived with the death of her sister since September 12, 2002 and keeps her memory alive by sharing the story of her death with her students. Her sister Stephanie Wadsworth died after battling stress caused by her kidnapping in January of 1999.      Stuber... Read More »