2023 GRAMMY Outfit Reviews

Anna Sofia Nguyen Loeb, Staff Writer

Each spring, musicians and music lovers wait patiently for the Grammys- the most famous music award throughout the industry. The Grammys each year produce some of the industry’s best and worst outfits.

Although there is no yearly theme, artists are pushed to wear their most fashionable outfits. However, some artists may take the loose guidelines too far.

Record-of-the-year winner Lizzo wore a bright orange dress by Dolce & Gabbana. Don’t be fooled by her oversized orange opera coat, underneath she wore a beautiful corset dress. Her outfit made her one of the most luminous on the red carpet.

Viola Davis, a new recipient of an EGOT, wore a colorful dress by Naeem Khan. Although the colors looked fabulous on her, both the shape of the dress and the fringe throughout made the dress fit her awkwardly. 

Taylor Swift looked “bejeweled” in a two-piece set by Roberto Cavalli. The midnight blue color of her outfit complimented her skin tone perfectly as well as her gorgeous silver earrings. Swift won best music video, short form.

Album of the year and best pop vocal album winner Harry Styles wore sequined quilted overalls by Egonlab that showed a striking resemblance to some toddlers in the Early Learning Center on campus. This look may not be for everyone but seemingly his album is.

After her recent alienesque outfits in Paris, Doja Cat decided that basic may be better with her black vinyl Versace dress. Her black dress went amazingly with her dark-edgy makeup, perfectly complimenting her new shaved haircut. The overall edgy theme of Doja Cat’s outfit went over stunningly with the crowd. 

Oliva Rodrigo sported a black see-through dress by Miu Miu. Her outfit was simple but very flattering, although her makeup stole the show. After coming off of three Grammy wins last year, including best new artist, listeners can only look forward to what she might come out with soon.

The 2024 Grammys will be on Jan. 31 in Los Angeles at the Staples Center. We can only wonder what outfits the Grammys may bring next year.