Club Rush advertise student life

Emily Bulloch, Yessmeen Moharram, Alexis Renfro, Isaac Aldrich,Taylor Huey, and Gabbie Beaver are working the Art Club table at Club Rush. (Photo by Belle Maucieri)

Shida Khorrami, Staff Writer

Students were given the opportunity to attend the annual Club Rush and talk to club representatives for information.
Club Rush occurred on Sept. 14, before school and during both lunches. During the event, club representatives handed out flyers and worked to gain new members.
National Honor Society (NHS) was recruiting students interested in helping their local community. Overall, the club works to spread awareness about leadership and scholarship. Cesar Avellaneda, the membership coordinator, said he is excited to recruit new NHS members.
“This is the club to join if you like giving back to the community and making a difference at Plano Senior,” Avellaneda said.
Similarly, Habitat for Humanity, a club for students interested in service projects and volunteering opportunities, was trying to gain members. Some service projects include building houses for the need and participating in the Coin Drive. More specifically, the club focuses on the benefits that result from small acts of kindness.
Art club was present to advertise their opportunities to experiment with art and build upon artistic abilities. Art club is open to all students, even those who have never taken any art classes before. Senior Joey Bourgeois is one of the main members of art club and said he is looking forward to new members this year.
“It is a great space for anybody who wants to expand their art skills, even if you have never done anything with art before,” Bourgeois said.
Key Club is another club focused around service projects. Senior member Collin Wa said he loves seeing the end result of all the service projects.
“This club is great because when we go to the shelters, you really get to see the difference you make in people’s lives,” Wa said.