Homecoming King Nominee: Alex Gonzales

Erin Ball, Staff Writer

Q: What did you think about the Homecoming Court last year? What do you remember about them?

A: They were all extremely well liked students who were known for having outgoing personalities. They were in various leadership roles, and part of a lot of clubs. The students did a great job picking last year.

Q: Did you expect to be nominated for Homecoming Court? Had you heard a lot of buzz about your possible nomination?

A: No, not really. I had a few people tell me they nominated me, but it was mainly my friends. I didn’t think I’d be on the final list for court.

Q: How did you find out you were on the Court? What were you feeling or what was running through your mind?

A: Well during fourth period choir, a bunch of Student Congress people came into my classroom  and crowned me. They placed a sign that said Homecoming Court 2011 around my neck. It was really fun and my entire class clapped for me. I’m still excited.

Q: What do you think the Homecoming game is going to be like when you’re out on the field waiting to hear the results?

A: I’ll probably be a bit nervous, but it’ll be worth it. I’ll be out there with everybody else, so it will end up being fun.

Q: What do you like most about Plano? 

A: I love how we have some of the best and most fun football games in the nation. I like the people here and all the school spirit. A good king has to love his school.

Q: What makes you a good choice for Homecoming King? What qualities do you think people would like about you if they knew you better?

A: People describe me as a friendly, outgoing person. I like to be involved too. I’m primarily in choir, and I’m also a part of the Teen Contact Board. I’m a member of an organization called Autism Speaks which raises awareness for the growing issues involved with Autism.

Q: Are you planning on campaigning at all? Is there anything you want to say?

A: No, I don’t think people really do that. I don’t remember too much campaigning going on last year. I kind of don’t want to draw that much attention to myself. I want to tell everybody thanks for nominating me and may the best choice win.